• 2006 M.F.A. Ceramics, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana.
• 1995 B.A. Spanish, Knox College, Galesburg, Illinois, Concentrations in Ceramics and Economics
• 1993 – 1994 University of Barcelona, One year foreign studies
• Experienced in handbuilding, wheelthrowing and extruding; conversant in alternative making methods.
• Proficient in glaze formulation, clay bodies, and slips for various firing temperatures and atmospheres.
• Familiar with kiln operations including gas, salt, primitive, raku and electric.
• Well versed in ceramic studio and classroom management, operations, and safety.
• Knowledgeable in ceramic art history, including functional pottery and sculpture, and in contemporary art issues and practices.
• Fluent in both written and spoken Spanish.
Adjunct Faculty, Harold Washington College, City Colleges of Chicago
January 2013 – 2015, January 2019 – present
Teaching Artist, ArtReach at Lillstreet (now Firebird Community Arts)
August 2011 – 2013
Adjunct Faculty, South Suburban College
South Holland, Illinois
August 2008 – December 2010
Adjunct Faculty, Knox College
January 2008 – June 2010
Instructor, Lillstreet Art Center
Graduate Assistant, Office of Student Financial Aid, Indiana State University
Terre Haute, Indiana
2004 – 2006
Partner and Key Accounts Manager, Dimension Design, Inc.
2002 – 2003
Key Accounts Manager, Project Manager, Estimator & Receivables Manager, Studio Stitchers, Inc.
1998 – 2001
Lillstreet Art Center
January 2008 – August 2008
Galesburg Civic Art Center